The Isaac Group incorporates a leading Construction Contracting Business and an Environmental Trust dedicated to the development of the Isaac Conservation Park. Our commitment to “Combining Construction with Conservation” is unique to New Zealand.
Due to a full forward workload, we are now looking for an experienced Civil Construction Foreman.
The ideal person will have worked in the civil construction industry for some years and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a crew and operating construction excavators and other machinery.
You will have:
- A clean licence with a minimum of class 2 and WTR endorsements.
- Be highly experienced with excavators, graders, and other construction machinery – specifically in road construction and/or maintenance works
- Flexibility towards working in both a rural and urban environment, past experience with both is advantageous
- Been involved in large roading and/or street upgrade projects
- An ability and desire to train other staff in all areas of civil construction works
- To communicate effectively with clients and engineers, and all internal staff
- A positive attitude, great leadership skills, and a desire to be the best
The flexibility to work out of town and be away from home overnight would also be an advantage.
On offer is a position with a stable, reliable and reputable Christchurch based civil construction company. We also offer a competitive remuneration package that includes the use of a company vehicle and phone.
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.