The Isaac Group incorporates a leading Construction Contracting Business and an Environmental Trust dedicated to the development of the Isaac Conservation Park. Our commitment to “Combining Construction with Conservation” is unique to New Zealand.
If you want to experience working with a local and well-established Construction Company; large enough to deliver excellence across multiple disciplines whilst remaining small enough to have a family feel, then this
We need a positive, proactive, optimistic and professional operations manager to fill a core role within the daily management of our construction business. This is an exciting role on offer to those that believe they have what it takes to lead other leaders, expertly manage staff, and grow within an exciting and challenging role in a Tier 1 Christchurch civil contracting business.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Construction Division. The main focus of the role is to lead the management and planning of the company staff and plant resources, along with hired plant, staff and subcontractor resources, in order to deliver the most efficient results for the projects within the company
Other responsibilities will include
- Coaching & mentoring ground staff
- Managing the performance of internal Isaac staff in the Construction Division
- Providing positive and corrective feedback to staff and crews as required
- Ensuring Isaac plant and equipment is scheduled for servicing, is maintained and meets all project requirements
- Completing plant and equipment renewal plans, capital expenditure requests and reports
- Reporting on the productivity and performance of Isaac plant and equipment on a weekly basis
- Ensuring that Isaac projects are adequately resourced, and proactively working with all project managers, engineers and supervisors to manage this
- Improving processes/systems that enable more efficient running of the Construction Division
Key Skills & Experience
- Having a diploma or degree in Surveying, Civil engineering, Logistics, Management, or in a similar relevant field would be highly desirable
- Several years of experience running a department, division or business in the Civil Industry, or a similar relevant industry is highly desirable
- Experience in leading individuals and teams successfully is required
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft office; Excel, word, etc. is required
- A collaborative mind-set and the ability to drive collaboration within the wider team, in order to meet company goals is required
- The ability to work alongside Project Managers and Project Engineers to plan and strategize methodologies and timing will also be an important part of the role.
- A person who is self-motivated, detailed, yet a “big-picture” thinker is what we require for this role
What We Are Offering
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop.
- Sole responsibility for the operational performance of the Construction Division
- Flexibility to grow within the role, take responsibility for outcomes, and be a leader across multiple areas of the business
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.